As part of the Suzuki program, Mia and Wyatt attend group lessons for an hour each on Monday evenings. I've been fortunate to have a new babysitter not far from us, who is sooo good with the kids, and she babysits Natalie every Monday night until Glen can pick her up. Last night was the last group lesson until after Christmas. On the last one they have Solo Day where they mix up the groups and instruments, and everyone plays for each other. It's an hour long recital, listening to violins, cellos and viola's all at different stages. It's sooo cute hearing the beginners, to Mia's range to the intermediate to the advanced. Good to see where they'll be in a few years! The 1st years (Wyatt) don't participate as they are just doing rhythms at this stage on their instruments and have only been using cardboard boxes in the group lessons. So... dropped both Wyatt and Natalie off with Taylor, and headed down to hear Mia. I think I get more nervous then she does!! She is still getting used to her larger violin and has trouble keeping her bow on the 'highway'! However... I think she did so well last night!!! Looking forward to her January recital where hopefully she'll play Song of the Wind.
Today is my last day at home!!! SNIFF... And... Wyatt has the flu! Woke up at 4am puking... as puked several times and just put himself to bed! Feverish... must end tonight!
2 comments:
Well done Mia! Clap, clap, clap!
Grandma T.
yay Mia! Good job!
Post a Comment