Another month ended, and a new one has begun. Time seems to fly, which is surprising me for some reason these days! Mia and Wyatt are really playing well with each other these days, on Mia's bossy terms of course! Wyatt just loves his sister so much and follows her around like a puppy on the leash! He loves to watch her play her webkinz or starfall on the computer... these are great activities first thing in the morning so that I can sleep in!! How adept they both are at 5 and 3 on the computer, is a little worrisome!! They can find all the little video clips we've taken on our camera, and they play those over and over!!! Nothing's been deleted as of yet!
Then it's usually a day of playing with legos, barbies, house etc. Wyatt has his 'baby' voice down just pat! Every now and then he gets an upgrade and is allowed to be the dad!
Today they earned some toys back that were taken away 1 by 1 everytime they chose not to listen! It's been a few weeks, and they were very excited to get them back. They've been making their own beds and doing a few more things around the house to help mom out, so...
Yesterday they were playing meeting and in my ignorant bliss... (enjoying the quiet moments!) they decided they needed the bread! I didn't realize it was the whole loaf!!! So you can imagine the mess... I hear Mia tell Wyatt... "You just pass it, and pick it!" The things they observe and how they put it in their own words, is always intriguing!
Last night, Glen went straight to bed after mtg. Usually he reads the kids books etc. Waytt fell asleep in mtg and stayed that way! I was feeding Natalie, so Mia comes downstairs with a book and says, "Mom, would you like me to show you the pictures...(pause), and you could read the words?" SNEAKY!!! ha! I obliged!
Natalie... she's growing! 9lbs 9oz on Monday. Today she is 9 weeks old!!! She's becoming more and more alert which is fun to see but I also enjoy her long sleeping moments!!!! She is really smiling a lot now and cooing away. Mia comes up with some things that she just must have said!
The kids are almost done their set of swimming lessons. I have them registered for the next set too. It gives us something to do twice a week! I'm not so sure Mia will pass hers... she has troubles keeping those legs straight like a soldier! A trip to the pool this week-end to practice is in order!!! Wyatt is quite funny... he just loves his teacher, and blushes whenever you ask about her!
Mia is quite excited that her year-end group lesson recital for violin will be held at the West Edmonton Mall in March!!! It's a play-in... so they play a whole bunch of songs... if you can play it, you play, if not, you don't!
Wyatt is starting viola in the Fall... a pre-requisite for the Suzuki programme this year is a 16 week music class.... brother! So we start that on Fridays soon... I wasn't too impressed as I have to drag all 3 kids and they were going to make me pay for Mia too... so I complained and we can all go for just Wyatt's price... there are sooo many "pre-requisites" to starting, it all seems a bit much... We already have violin 2x/week so to add this class seems silly. Anyways... Wyatt is very excited about it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment