Sunday, August 25, 2013

RUN RUN RUN... FASTER FASTER FASTER!

The kids ran 1k
Steve and Jen 5k
Jess 10k

We all thought we'd die and we all survived to tell the tell!  :-)   It was a HOT Saturday evening for this run. Especially the kids running early evening in a parking lot!!   The 5/10k route was through a gorgeous neighbourhood along the river with shady trees covering most of the way.  It was basically flat for which I was highly thankful!   Anyways... GOAL ACCOMPLISHED.  After running 10, you realize, ya, I could do that again... maybe... hahahahaha.  Maybe by next year, we'll attempt a 1/2 marathon!  :)  Or, we'll just stick with the 5/10k runs.  Easier on the knees which are a little sore today. 

 Kids before^




 Abby finishing^
 Wyatt finishing ^
 Hayley finishing ^     The other kids were too quick and were missed in all the chaos!
 Hard running in the heat, eh Mia!
 Proud of their medals!


 Hayley is DONE!
 So is Missy!


 Picnic supper prior to the adults running.
 Pre-run photo
 Teachers I work with/have worked with!

 And we're off... Shannon was suffering from running a half a few weeks ago and losing her toe nails... poor thing!

 S and J racing to the finish line!


 Yup... I act like a loser at the finish line...


 Feels GOOD to be done


No comments: