Tuesday, March 11, 2014

NEW JOB!!!



Isn't it a beauty!
 
To tell the kids today about my NEW JOB, we drove home through Beaumont to check out the latest on the NEW school!  Yes, I'm ending my 10 years at Corinthia and moving on to Dansereau.  I'll be teaching GRADE 6!   I'm so excited and pumped and everything seems to be falling into place.  As a colleague told me today, "Everything you wanted is being handed to you!"  
Mia was crying tonight and worried about leaving her school and her friends.  Wyatt too is concerned.  Thankfully we have several months to prepare them.   I had to tell them as there are 4 of us from work leaving to go to this new school and we are all excited.  I'm really looking forward to the challenge, and building a school community from scratch.  The possibilities are endless!!  
The best part.... and maybe the worst from my kid's point of view is that this is a K-9 French Immersion school, which means that they will get to be with me until they leave for High School!!!!   :-)  Not sure who will need more courage!

**Long story short:  Superintendent called me today with this job offer.. I had today and today only to decide.  At 3pm, he shows up at our school to tell our principal that 4 of us are leaving, and we had to discuss with her prior to leaving for the day!  Whew.... I'm so thankful for Glen's support and can't wait to see those Grade 6ers!





1 comment:

Gayle said...

So happy for you! Congrats!!